Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Losing My Marbles

Yesterday, I picked up the Sally Hansen Lustre Shine colors. Today, I got adventurous with them and tried a water marble. Today's experiment was only my second attempt at water marbling. Things did not work out according to my ultimate design, but I'm learning!

I don't think it was entirely my fault that my end result mani is not very attractive though. The Lava did not want to stick! I started with a base of OPI's matte white polish so the marble would have a clear bright background (I do most of my manicures over a white base, mainly because it allows the true color of my polish to show in fewer coats without having to overcome the natural color of my nails).

Anyway, here's what happened. I used Lava, Copperhead, and Scarab. You can see the Lava forgot to come to the party, but it did seem to spend plenty of time dropping off tiny little pink glitters!

Scarab, Copperhead, Lava


Right Hand
Right Thumb
Left Hand
Left Thumb

I'm enjoying this for the moment, but I'm expecting the Ludurana Aurora Boreal collection (the duochrome part) in the mail any minute now, and this will disappear as soon as the Ludurana arrives. I'm so excited to get those colors, I don't even...

-Dana

1 comment:

  1. Hi girls! You need a follow button! This is a great idea. Wishing you much blogging luck! :)

    ReplyDelete