Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Comparison: Butter London Bread and Butter Pudding vs. Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect Dune

When I was getting ready to do my New Year's nails, I had planned on doing the whole thing with Butter London colors. But when I noticed the Bread and Butter Pudding was very similar to the Sally Hansen Smooth & Perfect in Dune, I wanted to see how they would compare.



Bottle comparison:
Indoor light
Indoor light with flash
Two coats of each: 
Two coats of Dune, Four of Bread & Butter Pudding:


Finally, I got to a point where the Butter London was almost as opaque as the Dune was after two coats. Unfortunately, this was five coats into the game.
Obviously, the Butter London is a higher quality polish. It goes on more evenly, it's a smoother color. It even feels better on your nail after it dries. The Dune has a weird almost pearly finish (which is not terribly noticeable after I put my glitter gradient on, but I can see it in the pictures posted here). But considering the price of Butter London, and the fact that I got the Sally Hansen for $1.49 on clearance, I think the Smooth & Perfect in Dune is a wonderfully viable dupe of the Butter London Bread & Butter Pudding.

Just as a quick side note: I had also picked up Essie's Ballet Slippers, which is also very similar to these two polishes, but is just different enough that I didn't think it needed to be included in the comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment