Monday, November 12, 2012

Update: Wet N Wild Blue Moon

I really liked my Wet N Wild Blue Moon mani. The color was really nice and was easy to use. Went on easily, not too thick, not too thin, and color I wanted to stare at whenever I could. I had devised an experiment in which I painted every other fingernail with Orly Bonder, then painted my nails with what I expected to be a cheap polish.


So I did it. And here's the results after six days:


I apologize for the bad pictures. I was in a hurry to get to my Azure Lustre Shine manicure. Every other picture I took was so out of focus, it was like my fingers were leaping into the frame at the last second and photobombing the background. But you get the idea of the damage that was done to this manicure.

I had one fairly decent sized chip on my left thumb. And a major chip on the right thumb, which was caused by mashing it between a chair arm and desk drawer at work. Ouch.

Now these are not the results I was looking for. I figured all the fingers that had Bonder on them would resist chips and be good as new, and the ones that had only polish would be banged up and ready to be replaced. On that top picture, only my first finger and ring finger had Bonder. And in the second picture, it was my thumb, middle finger, and pinky. No chips, except the one thumb (on a non-Bonder finger). The one that happened because of thumb smashing doesn't count, in my opinion. And then I realized something that probably skewed my entire experiment, leading me to believe I'm going to have to try it again in the future:

My white base coat was not Sally Hansen, as usual. I was gathering up all my supplies, and the Sally Hansen was nowhere to be seen--but my OPI Apine Snow was right next to the Blue Moon. And OPI is a lot less likely to chip than Wet N Wild. I'm just gonna hafta do this experiment again, with better quality control. Ugh, and I was so looking forward to a more definitive answer on the Bonder. Well, as far as I'm concerned, it's awesome. One chip out of 5 fingers looks like pretty good odds to me, but we'll see what happens next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment