Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Azure

I'm posting a little out of order by skipping my Wet N Wild Blue Moon update and Orly experiment, for the moment. But I got excited about this polish so I'm jumping the gun a bit :) The Sally Hansen Lustre Shine collection has been out for a month or so, but every display I've seen of it has 6 colors in a display built for 8 colors. Before they came out, I saw there was going to be a blue (Azure) and also what I think was a purple in the collection. Those were the two I was most looking forward to, so of course they're nowhere to be found.

I managed to get my hands on a bottle of the Lustre Shine Azure, thanks to good luck and stubbornness. It's a nice dark blue, not so much a duochrome but shiny and metallic. Apparently I'm still not done with dark blue polish because I really like this shade. I can't say what happens to it in the sun, but in the light I had available, there was no discernible color shift. The print ads say there's real silver in each bottle of the Lustre Shine, and this is the polish that made me believe it. When the light lands on it just so, I see silver where the light reflects. It's gorgeous.

The polish went on in two smooth coats and was a bit slow to dry, even after the Seche Vite top coat. I thought I'd waited long enough (45 minutes!), but when I started to clean up my edges, I dragged the polish and didn't do a very good job of the cleanup. And I missed out on all the natural light--the sun set while I was still painting.

So, without further ado, we have the long-awaited Azure:


TwoGirlsOneObsession.blogspot.com
Without Flash
TwoGirlsOneObsession.blogspot.com
Without Flash

TwoGirlsOneObsession.blogspot.com
Brighter light, no flash
TwoGirlsOneObsession.blogspot.com
Brighter light, no flash
TwoGirlsOneObsession.blogspot.com
With Flash
TwoGirlsOneObsession.blogspot.com
With Flash
And after all that...in the end it didn't matter because then I got the wild idea to Franken some new DLC colors (page coming soon!) and ruined them all anyway. At this moment I sit here typing with totally bare nails. I feel naked!!

2 comments: