Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In Which I Swatch Three New Sinful Shine Colors

Sinful Colors has released a new line. As far as I know, they're Walgreen's exclusives, and I happened across them accidentally about a week ago. They claim to be 5 times glossier than a patent leather shoe, which made me laugh. The tag line on the bottle says they have "Gel Tech" but I think this just means that it's all the shine of a gel polish without the UV lamp, cure time, and hassle of removal. They're just 2.99 a bottle, which is a 50% increase from the regular Sinful Colors polishes, but still, that's a lot cheaper than a lot of other polishes out there.

In addition, the range of colors is wonderful. I decided I'd get two colors to start, but I had a hard time choosing and brought three home. I chose Come Hither, Most Sinful, and My Kryptonite. All three are creme polishes. Come Hither is a bright Pepto pink. Most Sinful is a lovely cobalt blue. My Kryptonite is a bright green-leaning teal. There were at least six others calling my name (Blue Steel comes to mind) but I wanted to see if they were worth spending money on before I went too crazy!

I started off with the pink, Come Hither. I only got one shot of each color (I think because I was slightly sleep deprived when I did these swatches, and the sunlight addled what little functioning brain I had).


Next up, Most Sinful. This one was my favorite of the three.


And finally, My Kryptonite:


At this point, I'd been working on swatching different polishes for about 2 1/2 hours and I was done. So I did a full mani in My Kryptonite. I'll show you how that turned out in a couple of days (mainly because I don't have the cable handy to upload the pictures off the camera, and you guys are going to want to see the pictures). But first!

I don't know how many of you are quite as obsessed with the nail polish as Jess and I are. But when I saw the Most Sinful on my nails, I realized I've seen that color before. And I'm sure a lot of you have, too: 


Sinful Shine Most Sinful is a pretty spot-on dupe of the gorgeous Nails, Inc's Baker Street. Most Sinful is a tiny bit more intense in strength of color, but wow is it close. Also, as I type this I realize the Baker Street is only one coat while the Most Sinful was two coats. How did I manage that? *shakes head* 


Top photo is bright indirect light, second photo is full sun. This last picture is natural light, but not particularly near a window. 


What do you think? Would you go for Most Sinful as a dupe for Baker Street? I think so, yes. And I will definitely be picking up a few more of these Sinful Shine colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment