Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dreamy Lacquer Co - Red Ticket Item

Jess described in her recent post, Essie Hot Commodity, how she found this lovely polish. What she didn't mention is immediately after she bought her bottle, another was listed on eBay and I snatched it up. It's all her fault, she showed me a beautiful red sparkly and I wanted it for my very own. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

It's an incredibly lovely base color, but Jess was unhappy with the lack of sparkle from the red or raspberry/pink glitter. And I thought to myself, "I'm gonna try to make that red polish with silver glitter." I wanted to know a) how close I could get to that gorgeous red shade and b) would the silver be an improvement?


It took me one initial mix and two tweaks to get to a similar color. My version leans a little more toward a berry red, but it's just a shade off. Hot Commodity on the left, Red Ticket Item on the right. See?


I could have gotten closer, but it was late and I was tired of my foot being tackled by my little cat, who really wanted to play, so I gave up (for the moment). After we played Chase the Laser Dot, I looked at the bottle and realized I liked it just fine the way it was, a nice bright berry red jelly...and so it currently stands. I took my new shiny bottle to bed and did myself a little manicure.

I love it with the silver glitter.

Night, with flash. And an incredibly fingerprinty bottle, which I fail to understand
 Daytime, indirect natural light
Full sun

I stopped at two coats because I was tired and wanted everything to be good and dry, even under a top coat of Seche Vite, before I went to sleep. Had I waited for morning, I would have done three coats. They go on fairly thin, but I did that on purpose, and really piled on my second coat to get the color I was aiming for. Now we'll see how it lasts!

I've updated the shop with a couple of new colors--this one (which is kind of a sister to Two Girls, One Imitation, and a kissing cousin to both Essie Starry Starry Night and Essie Hot Commodity) and a gorgeous bright, almost neon, purple inspired by my friend Kathy, a Dispatcher where I work. Go check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment