Thursday, May 16, 2013

Update: Red Ticket Item

To begin, let me throw out a disclaimer: I made this polish. Fair enough? Good, good. Let's go.

I LOVE THIS POLISH!!

There. Now that that's out of my system...

But it's true. I do love this polish. As I said before, I based it on Essie's Hot Commodity, but the red glitter got so buried in the original. I wanted the glitter to take center stage, if you will. And so Red Ticket Item was born. Of course I love it; it's one of my precious creations!

I admit, it wasn't perfect. To start, it thickened up on me and I had to add extra thinner. It was the same issue that we had initially with the Two Girls, One Imitation, so I wasn't really surprised. But thinned down, the polish was so much better. Not only was the application even more of a breeze than it had been to start, but the glitter popped and became even more obvious and sparkly. The second issue I had was more to do with me than the polish itself. I apparently did not get my thumb and first finger clear of all the cuticle oil, because both of those polishes popped off in full shells within the first 28 or so hours. Then I had nothing but fabulous luck with this polish for almost a week. I had a few tip wear issues, but I spend a lot of time on the computer, both at work and at home so that's just par for the course.

About 15 minutes before I planned to remove the whole mani for something else, I was rearranging some of my nail polish making supplies. I tried to pull a giant piece of packing tape off a box, ended up sticking the back of my finger in between the tape and the box in an effort to pry the tape free (which failed, btw)...and when I pulled my finger out, the polish stayed with the tape. So if you look in my supply cabinet, there's one lovely red nail polish shell, stuck against the side of a box...and there it will stay until the box is empty and I toss it.

Here's the end result:


See how extra-glittery the thumb is in that top picture? That's the result of the thinned down polish. Love love love :)

Red Ticket Item is available in the Dreamy Lacquer Company shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment