Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Revlon Chroma Chameleon - A Few Updates

I tell ya, kids, life sometimes gets in the way of some of the fun stuff I want to do for the blog here. We've had a little instability in our extended family and some of the family dynamic has changed for a while. Add to it that I'm really working to get Dreamy Lacquer Co off the ground, and I don't have quite as much free time as I had two weeks ago!

Ever since I posted the Revlon Chroma Chameleons I had picked up, I've been thinking about how they'd look when applied over black polish. Then I picked up the Rose Quartz and Cobalt to add to the collection...and now I've completely misplaced the Cobalt, Tanzanite, and Topaz. I don't remember what box I put them in and didn't have the oomph to find them this morning. The others, though, were sitting on my bedside table, so I spent a couple of hours doing swatches for us :)

I used China Glaze in Liquid Leather as the base black on all these swatches.

First up, Amethyst:


Improved color shift, even though the pictures don't show it well. I didn't think to take indirect sunlight pictures for it...ner.

Up next, Aquamarine. Where I remembered the indirect light pictures!

 



You can really see the color shift from turquoise through to the purple in these last two.

Finally, one of the new kids, Rose Quartz:

This is a really pretty gold-shifting-to-pink polish. It reminds me of Black Hills gold without the green. I know the pink doesn't do much showing up here in these pictures but it's there, I promise!

In the end, I removed each of these colors for the sake of another bunch of swatches. I will definitely be revisiting them. I want to know how they'd look in a water marble or a gradient. Is anyone curious to see the other colors applied over black? Or a quick swatch of the Cobalt? (the color in the bottle, to me, looks a whole lot like the Sally Hansen Lustre Shine in Azure) Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment