Saturday, April 6, 2013

Update: OPI What Wizardry Is This?

Yes, the texture drove me nuts, where I said it would:  across the tips of the fingers. I must next time remember to swipe that off before it dries. It goes away in a day or two, mostly due to tip wear, but oh how I played and played with it. It's not enough to catch on anything or get scratchy enough to be that annoying, but I knew it was there.

The actual surface texture wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Dana mentioned how hers smoothed out after a few days? It took much longer for that to happen to me. I don't know if I'm more irritated by texture on the nails, if I don't put my hands in my pockets that much (I don't) or if I don't wash my hands enough (which no, I do lol it's one of my very few OCD traits) or what. I'm inclined to think it's that I'm more easily irritated by it, honestly.


I had a lot of these straightaway. One the first day, two the second, another the third. The bright side to fixing these little chips is that, as I said in the first post about this polish, because it's textured you really almost can't even tell that there was a chip there to begin with. So that's a huge plus for these polishes.

After that though I let it ride out the last few days with no fixing so here's what we got in the end:

It's...yeah. Not great but certainly not anywhere near the worst ever. It didn't turn me off of textures at all, I'll definitely wear others. This particular one though, I'm not to pleased with the color. Because while it looks very pretty in the pictures you see around, and even my amateur ones here, in day to day real life it's pretty dull. I kept looking at it and laughing because it made me think I painted my nails with dirt. I put mud on my nails. Which is also textured, so it made sense!

However, I will paint at least two of them with it one more time. I have an addendum to this that I'd like to try and shall post the results next.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment