Friday, April 19, 2013

Hard Candy: Caribbean Crush and Little Hottie

I finally got my nails back into something resembling reasonable shape. Ok, not really, but I'm super-tired of Orly Nail-trition colored nails, and since I picked up a couple of the new Hard Candy polishes today at Walmart, I decided to jump back into the fray. Let's just hope my nails decide not to, haha.

First up, one of the Crushed Chrome collection, Caribbean Crush (say that three times fast)!

I love this color. It's a turquoise-slash-teal foily looking metallic polish. It's really bright and eye-catching.


First photo, indoors, with flash. Second photo, natural light on a very cloudy day. I used two coats and had no problems at all with coverage.

Next up: Little Hottie, from the Itzy Glitzy collection.

This may be my favorite new color of the season so far. I can't find any pictures online that adequately represent how intense this color is. It's an incredibly bright and shiny fuchsia/almost red/bright freaking pink that I cannot convey. My pictures did not do it justice either. In the bottle, there's a bit of a gold color shift which did not translate to my nails unless I get about half an inch from them, and even then I think it's wishful thinking on my part. But see for yourself:


Sorry that second picture's out of focus. I was leaning on a cat perch and someone jumped up on it just as I took the shot. But did I realize it and take another? No, I did not! Again, first picture, indoors with flash (which is closer to representing the color than any other I've seen thus far). Second picture, natural light on a very cloudy day. We seem to have misplaced spring here in the Midwest. This is two coats; no issues except it made my heart go pitter-pat and I was lazy and didn't clean up my edges before I took the pictures.

Also...do yourself a favor. Google image search the phrase "hard candy little hottie" and scroll past the first grouping of swatches. As Jess said, "I think we should thank Hard Candy for this opportunity."

No comments:

Post a Comment