Wednesday, March 27, 2013

OPI DS Divine (JP)

I got nothing for Easter this week. LOL I used my big idea last week, see. I was going to maybe try some flocking and fuzzy bunnies but it turned out to be a whole lot more effort than I wanted to deal with so I delightfully abandoned it.

Instead I have another delicious holographic for you. I don't know about you, but I get really annoyed when other countries get things I want here. I'm sure the opposite is just as true. Did you know that Japan got different versions of a few of the OPI Designer Series polishes? Neither did I.


I managed to get two of them via ebay and this week I chose Divine. Our version is a dark, fuchsia, hot pink holographic. Very pretty. Google it if you haven't seen it. Japan's version is a much lighter, cotton candy, bubblegum pink.



And if you think they look good here you MUST see it in person. Even in low lighting it's got a great holographic effect. ♥

A few tips. This is one of those holos that is a bit tricky to work with because it get streaky, even with OPIS DS Base. This is the first time I've had this issue with any of the DSs. It would probably benefit greatly from an aqua base. Or perhaps no base at all. It also took three coats and one gobbed on coat to get full opacity. Finally, do not use a top coat with this. I admit I'm worried about that because I feel like the top coat helps with chipping, but when I started in on one, it killed the holo.


See how the pinky and ring fingers are a bit dulled? That's even using OPI's DS Top coat. I had to swipe another coat of polish on top to bring it back.

Beautiful polish. Much better in person.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment