Sunday, March 31, 2013

Essie Under Where? & In The Cab-ana

We've had a crap ton of snow here in the Midwest in the last couple of weeks. I hate being cold and I'm not big on snow, so I protested this unauthorized-by-me extension of winter by picking up a couple of the new Essie spring colors.

In the Cab-ana is a really pretty pastel turquoise blue. Under Where? is extremely similar to the first Essie polish I ever bought (which wasn't all that long ago, in the grand scheme of things), Play Date. But I liked the name, and the way the colors looked together, so I bought it anyway, and did myself a simple little mani: In the Cab-ana with Under Where? for an accent nail. Then I looked at it and decided it needed a little something to jazz it up, so I used In the Cab-ana to create a narrow french tip on the accent nails. We all know how nice Essie is to apply. This was two coats of each color. Love love.

late night bedroom light with flash
 
daylight, no flash.
This was one of my long weeks at work (50 hours in 5 days) and I made very little effort to fix any issues beyond the right thumb nail that peeled on day one. Because yeah, this cold weather is KILLING me. I had three nails peel in the first two days, which took out some pretty major chunks of the polish. Then I was cleaning today and one of the peelers broke...sigh. Just when all my nails were approaching even length. Anyway--I had some chips and some tip wear, too. Not unexpected, it's the usual suspects all over again.

 
 
I did get a lot of compliments and several people noting that my color choices were very Spring-like. One of my supervisors at work even said she was going to have her manicurist copy the color and style when she went to have her nails done on Tuesday. Someone else said I should turn them into Easter eggs but they were too damaged before I had either the time or inclination to do so.

Did you do any fun nail art for Easter? We want to see it!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Colors are fantastic! Perfect match for the spring like weather we have had for the last 2 days. But winter is gonna rear it's ugly head here tomorrow. Boo Hoo :( Sigh....it can't stay cold forever,right? Right?.....

    ReplyDelete