Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Avon Saturn

If you follow us on facebook you'll remember a status update a few days back where I mentioned that Avon had their holo collection on sale. It's called the Cosmic collection, ten different subtle holo shades. Like I said on the fb, we're not talking Color Club Halo Hues here. More like China Glaze's Hologlams.

I'm not exactly a summer person. I hate being hot and sweaty and just bleh. Gross. Pop me in the air conditioning and leave me there until fall gets here. Recently it's just been a disgusting heatwave around here, 90 degrees plus, and I have so been longing for cooler weather. Segue to Avon's Saturn, a crisp pumpkiny orange holo that just makes me think hoodies, jumping in leaf piles, and oh em gee hooray for Halloween.




Oooh sparklies. Application is iffy. It's thin enough that it starts to go on well but it can get streaky and start to chunk up. It's easy to fix though. It could easily be a one-coater, but I of course did two. It dries to an outstanding shine, too. There's also no gritty feeling to it when dry either so top coat is almost superfluous. The only bad thing to it is that dry time is on the long side, it stays tacky for a good 15-20 minutes between coats. I used SV with this one and that cut the time in halfish.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment