Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A-England Briarwood and Excalibur (new edition)

This one is going to be bittersweet. For me anyhow. And there will not be an update.

I got most of the Burne-Jones polishes in one fell swoop a couple of weeks ago. The only one I missed was Briar Rose. I had it in my cart but I played around too long and by the time I got to checkout it was gone. I almost blew off all the others, too, 'cause I was mad at myself but got 'em anyhow.

Briarwood is a dark, dried blood red shade. And it's a strange holo. I'm honestly not even sure how to describe it.




See what I mean? It's very subtle and scattered. Just a light dusting. It's beautiful polish. But it has the same problem as every other subtle holo:  I never see it in day to day wear. It mostly just looks like a plain dark red polish. Hence the reason for the Excalibur decoration, which is a bright silver fine glitter with some bits of gold thrown in.

Both polishes went on well. The Briarwood is on the thick side so if you're careful you can do it in one coat. It dries fast, too.

With all of that said, I have no idea how this will last for a week because as soon as I'm done posting this I'm taking it all off. Because this happened.


I thought it was just the ring finger but then I realized it was the middle, too. All the way to the quick and several top layers past it. That just made me want to cut them all off, so I did. So no update. And it's too late in the day to repaint. Also, I'm pissed. :)

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Bummer. It was so pretty. Well, they will grow out. Soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh. In a few months, but yeah. Tthhpptt. lol

      Delete