Thursday, February 21, 2013

Update: Mardi Gras Nails!

OK, so I had written this update and then Blogger up and kicked me in the pants by losing the post after I published it. No idea where it went, and I was kind of frustrated and also kind of scared to post again so...I didn't. But the gist of the post is this:

I hate glitter polish.

Now let me explain. Glitter polishes are gorgeous. I love the color, I really love the sparkle. I mean, it's GLITTER! And then I have to take it off, which has never been a great experience for me. Always with the soaking and the dry skin around my nails and then the inevitable scraping because it never comes off the way I expect it to.

Then I realized I didn't have any cotton balls. I remember buying them, but they weren't in the place where I would have stored them, so either one of the cats is hoarding my entire bag of triple-size 100% cotton poofs and using it as a secret kitty cat mattress, or I have a vivid imagination and I never really bought the things. So I was stuck with the Chinese Finger Soaker method, and since my experience with them is eerily similar to Jessica's, I don't think I have to say much about the outcome.

But the mani itself? Lasted well, no major issues. A tiny bit of chipping, not unexpected. I didn't even take pictures, because I was anxious to change polish colors and forgot. Sorry, kids :o(


No comments:

Post a Comment