Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Color Club Cherubic

I started this one out with completely different intentions. It was going to be a french and I was going to use holos but I couldn't choose which ones and how. So I got frustrated and procrastinated and finally did it with just one color. It turned out well anyhow, I wore it for a whole day but I still wanted to do more with it. I think I've finally settled.

My nails are stained yellow. I've tried different bases, I've tried the white as a base, and for whatever reason they just don't work for me. Normally this wouldn't be an issue because I almost always have nail polish on so who cares. But as I've just told you that I did a french manicure with only one color, I think you can see where this is going.



Sunlight! Holy hell!

Nice and blurry indirect sun.
I don't think it's TOO too bad of a yellow but it's noticeable and I was sorta paranoid about it. I like the color combo, I thought that was a pretty neat idea in the end. I also got several compliments on it even with my paranoia. I needed to do something else though to make me less self-conscious.

As I was staring forlornly at the yellow, I noticed that when I painted the clear that some of the holo was picked up from the tips and dragged through it on a couple of the nails. Solution found! I took a bit of clear base, added a small amount of the Cherubic, sloshed it around...


Much less paranoid about that. I can barely tell it's there anymore unless I'm really looking. So yay, that worked out well.

Would you look at that holo?! Even MUCH thinned out, it's still divine.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment