Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas!

This one is almost entirely inspired by Dana, in a roundabout sort of way. A couple of months ago she linked me to an image of a DIY Hippo mani, which I downloaded for future reference. While looking for the source so I could credit it, I realized someone cut the credit off the original photo, so I've ditched that one in favor of the real thing.

It kept lurking at the back of my mind to try but as it's like, the season for nail art I put it off until a better time. Until a certain song came on the radio the other day...



Dana was also the first person to introduce me to this Christmas song, so it seemed fitting to put the two together. All I did was take Beauty by Suzi's Hippo Nails Tutorial and paint some red and green bows on the hippos' heads.

hippopotamus nail art christmas

hippopotamus nail art christmas
With a kitty face background!
Viola. I did go purple with them instead of blue, I liked that better. It was so easy to do as well, and very fast compared to some others I've tried.

Colors used:
  1. OPI Do You Lilac It? for the head, ears and nostrils.
  2. Butter London Bramble for the snout and ear holes
  3. OPI Alpine Snow for the teeth and eyes
  4. Essie Licorice for the pupils
  5. ILNP A Fresh Evergreen for green parts of bows
  6. ILNP Very Ornamental for red parts of bows
And the glamour shot:

hippopotamus nail art christmas

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment